Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tippmann A5 mods

Go down

Tippmann A5 mods Empty Tippmann A5 mods

Post  Guest Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:47 pm

ok my question is if i buy an A5 as suggested in the sticky are we allowed to mod them in ways of looks simaler to what these guys do in the states on this forum

http://www.a5og.net/

also what rules are there against operation mods ? i have read no full auto but thats about it.

probally expect a reply from u rev Razz lol

josh

Back to top Go down

Tippmann A5 mods Empty Re: Tippmann A5 mods

Post  Rev Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:02 am

I'm still learning a bit about what is allowed or not in Bush ball too. But have got most of it down pat. As far as I aware there are some mods for the A5 that will be okay others not;

Avoid:
Folding or sliding type stocks
Magazine looking attachments that make the guns look more realistic.
(It is reported that the Police will not like these as they make the guns too military/realistic looking)
Laser sights. Have read these are legal, (it is only what you use them for that can make the illegal such as pointing them into pilots eyes) and the ones in Australia have to be of a weaker power anyway. However I would avoid them, as some field operators will likely ban them and as a player I wouldn't want knobs shining them into my eyes on the chance they have obtained some high power one from somewhere?

From what I have researched these things/mods are okay:
Fixed stocks
Scopes, red or green dot scopes
Barrels
Barrel mods like the APEX tip (used to curve balls)
Barrel adapters to be able to attach different threaded barrels to some markers
Weaver rails and mounts
Gun and Barrel shrouds
Low profile Hoppers (X7 type)
Mods to the air lines, like remote lines that attach directly to the tombstone or from the bottom of the pistol grip.
Double triggers
You should be able to import things like Scopes/Barrels/Adapters/triggers and mounting brackets etc... (which I have done a lot from USA or Ebay suppliers recently) but you will likely not be able to import Hoppers or pods as customs considers these as Firearm magazines (Stupid I know, as they are like Tupperware containers, but such is life)

You can also buy a HE-Grip or E-Grip pistol grip types (From research I recommend the E-Grip over the HE though) that allow for a faster/smoother magnetic-electronic trigger setup. Which some bush ballers say you will want in time? http://www.propaintballshop.com.au/item.php?id=100180
but I'm pretty happy with the stock one to be honest (also means the gun is 100% air driven a with no electronic parts to go wrong), fires pretty quick for what you will need in bush ball I think? With these E-Grips you can buy new boards for them (Ape/Virtue? to name a couple) - some of these allow for the triple tap and full auto settings and it appears that the bush ball scene allows these although it appears a little covert? because you are not allowed to have full-auto paintball guns in Australia so I am sure these mods may also be illegal. I think some players import these fully auto capable boards for the E-grips from the USA as customs probably doesn't know what they are. (Likewise many tourney players get them for their tourney markers so they can ramp them to make them fire more paint quicker etc...) Full auto would be handy but would also mean you could blow loads more paint quicker, but this may hurt your wallet more.

Any other questions, shout out.
Rev
Rev

Back to top Go down

Tippmann A5 mods Empty mods

Post  Guest Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:15 am

ok so we can have them looking like the first pic in this thread

http://www.a5og.net/sniper-any-sniper-mods/9582-show-off-your-sniper-5-a.html

but not like this first pic in this thread?

http://www.a5og.net/sniper-any-sniper-mods/26062-sniper-assault.html

seems good if thats correct, might start looking for some mods to put on the wish list once i order an A5 .

Back to top Go down

Tippmann A5 mods Empty Re: Tippmann A5 mods

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum